Thursday, August 4, 2011

What a morning,,

AS I turned over early this morning and debated to leave early and go on shopping or go back to sleep. Of course the get up early prevailed. I gathered my things and list and make my trek to big box store WM and was thankful because of the heat was only up to 89 degrees with it being earlier in the morning. As the heat has risen quite a bit over the last few weeks, being August in South is usually hot, but now it feels like 110 degrees outside in the heat of the day. Thankfully the store was not that busy and I was able to shop in somewhat peaceful isles. The shopping trip is such an adventure to stock my cabinets and refrigerator full of items needed. This time being able to shop for some of my granddaughters school list was a plus. I survived the trip and was able to return home, unload items and put up. While of course letting the beast of a dog we have out for her morning outing. The dog of course investigates the bags and watches in wonder as what have I brought home now. It is exciting for her I guess. So now tackling this shopping trip and being able get out of the heat is an accomplishment for the day so far. I do have to say I am thankful I have the resources and ability to shop and provide my home and family the things it needs. It is the small things that can bring such joy. As we go through our day remember to notice the small joys we have and the blessings around us.

No comments: